Write-off, Depreciation of Goods, standard rules and special rules
Standard Depreciation of Goods (2021)In Czech Republic depreciation of goods, divided in 6 'write-off' groups, can vary from 12 to 600 months:
- group 1, 3 (1) years: Office supplies, IT equipment, tools, bicycles
- group 2, 5 (2) years: cars, minibuses and trucks, monitors and projectors, TVs and radios, prefabicated wooden / plastic buildings, consumer electronics, furniture
- group 3, 10 years: concrete / metal buildings, air conditioning, heating, lifts
- group 4, 20 years: buildings of wood or plastic, fences, external lighting
- group 5, 30 years: production halls, highways, roads
- group 6, 50 years: hotels and administrative buildings, department stores, schools
As a rule of thumb, anything tangible for the company costing less than 80.000 CZK can be written off in one year.
Special Write-Off - Mimorádné OdpisyFor group one (for example computers, office equipment)
- Instead of 3 years, it is now possible to write off 100% in only 12 months:
- Instead of 5 years, it is now possible to write off 100% in only 24 months:
- during the first 12 months, 60% of the value,
- during the last 12 months, 40% of the value,
- you must be the first owner, so this doesn't work for second-hand items.