Taxrates for Companies and Individuals in Czech Republic
Filing Dates / Payment Dates for Tax Returns
|31.01.202x||for Property Tax payment, Property Tax Return and
Road Tax for company cars.
|31.03.202x||for Corporate Tax Return and Personal Income Tax Return.|
25.10. 202x, 25.01.202x+1
|for Quarterly VAT Tax Return,
for Monthly VAT Return it is the 25. of the next month.
15.09. 202x, 15.12.202x+1
|for Bi-annual and quarterly Income Tax Prepayments,
in case of high income / revenue.
s.r.o. Corporate Tax
|21% (in 2008), 20% (in 2009) and 19% (in 2010)
note: due to the economic situation, these percentages may change.
|Tax loss carry forward||5 years|
|15% - to be applied after the tax on profit.|
|VAT||21% - valid from 01.01.2013 (goods and services)
15% - valid from 01.01.2013 (mostly foodstuffs)
|VAT Refund Period||30 days - the taxoffice will refund within 30 days after filing the VAT report.
You also have the obligation to pay within 30 days.
VAT Registration in Czech Republic.
Employee / Income Tax, Social Charges and Health Insurance
|Employee/Personal Income Tax||15% - but for the part over 48 times the average income (the so-called solidarity tax limit) an additional 7% (8% 2021) solidarity tax is added.
(valid from 01.01.2013)
|Employee Social Security Charges||25% - employer's part,
6.5% - employee's part
|Employee Health Insurance Charges||9% - employer's part,
4.5% - employee's part
Živnostenský List / Trade license Tax
|Standard Expense Deduction||60% * - whether you make expenses or not, the remaining 40% is the basis for taxes and charges.
* for most professions, for 'manual' labor it can be up to 80%
|Income Tax||15% - calculated over the remaining 40% of the total revenue, up to 1.2 M CZK Tax Base.
no personal tax deduction and deductions for non-working spouse and children can be claimed with the 60%/40% system (valid from 01.01.2013)
|Social Charges||29.2% - calculated over 20% of total revenue.
|Health Insurance||13.5% - calculated over 20% of total revenue. *
* 3rd-Country Nationals without permanent residence permit pay nothing, they paid for health insurance when applying for the visa.
|Company Car Tax||To be paid in 4 parts, or at once in the beginning of the year.
Costs are between 1.000 and 4.000 CZK, depending on engine size.
A car used for a company must be registered for silnicní dan.
This is not the same as the highway sticker.
Company Car in s.r.o Company or Trade License
|Property Tax||An owner of property will have to pay taxes, consisting of 2 parts, building tax and landtax. For both the tax is calculated according to:
the number of sqare meters (of the building or land),
multiplied by the tax rate (depending on the use of the space),
multiplied by the coefficient (depends on the city).
|Rental Income Tax||There are 2 ways of calculating the taxable income:
rental income - calculated expenses and deductions, or
rental income - a standard expense deduction of 30 %
This income is subject to personal or corporate income tax.
|Realestate Transfer Tax||4%, to be paid by the seller, based on an official assessment or the salesprice, whichever is higher, abanoned since 2021.|
|Capital Gains Tax||when non-commercial property is sold (with profit) within 5 years of purchase, capital gains are subject to tax.
Capital gains are defined as purchase price - sales price.